In my last post, I shared a picture of all the books I collected for my birthday and mentioned the bag of books I got to take from the library I volunteered at before summer began. Here’s a picture of those books. I was going to take more, but was worried about having room for them all in the car on the way back to Utah at the end of the summer.
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales
- Mary Poppins
- Number the Stars
- The Tales of Uncle Remus (being the huge Disney fan that I am, I have a copy of Song of the South, and of course snatched up this book)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Anne of Green Gables
- Anthem (you can find this on my list of favorites on the sidebar)
- Where the Red Fern Grows
- The Giver
- Gathering Blue
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (you may remember this book from my mishap with my elementary school librarian when I was in third grade)
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
- Summer of the Monkeys
My mother also gave me a copy of The Little Prince which I love because I love France and the French language. I’m really excited to finally have copies of these books that I loved as a child but haven’t read since.
In case you didn’t know, I’ve done a lot of reading recently. I’ve been reading bits and pieces out of the fairy tale books I got for my birthday. It’s been really fun because I actually haven’t read the original versions of the fairy tales. I know the general bits of the story, but now I have copies to reference. I’m so happy. My biggest problem is I have no room to put any of these books when I get back to Utah…
Keep reading and stay awesome!